Parent & Community Partnership
Hamilton Community Preschool Philosophy includes an open door approach in educating young children. Families are encouraged to have as much partnership as they feel comfortable with. Although this family involvement in the preschool’s activities is recommended and encouraged, is completely optional. Your decision not to participate if you so choose is respected. The preschool has many different options for you to become involved.
Educators and families can negotiate suitable times to visit and add valuable contributions to enhance our preschool curriculum. This could be:
- sharing an interest, talent, special skill or occupation with the children in a morning or afternoon visit.
- Bringing a special pet (special conditions apply) or family member to visit the service.
- Staying for a short play on morning drop off
- Visiting and participating in one of our special visit days/afternoon/evenings such as our annual Christmas Concert, Harmony Day, Mothers, Fathers, Grandparents and Grandfriends morning teas, open days s etc. Invitations and notices of events will be displayed, advertised on our secure Facebook page, emails added to our newsletters and on our Whats happening this term page.
- Setting goals for your children through collaborative discussions, filling out partnership forms
- Joining us as a parent/adult helper on our excursions.
- Becoming a committee representative
We believe that working in partnership with families achieves the best outcomes for children as it ensures that experiences are meaningful to them. Of most value to us is a collaborative approach where we communicate well and work together in a respectful way to achieve the best possible outcomes for your child. We respect and value that families are children’s first and most influential teachers (EYLF p12) and we are open to their individual needs, new ideas, cultures contributions and believe this creates the foundations to a great meaningful curriculum for all.
Excursions and Incursions
Throughout the year the children will be able to participate in excursions (short trips outside of preschool) and incursions (visitors and performers who come to us at preschool). This is a great opportunity for families to join in some fun and build relationships with educators and the preschool community.
We love taking our children into the community, we utilise the environments that surround us.
- Mothers Day/ Fathers Day Shopping at the local Op shop and cheap shops on Beaumont st.
- Gregson Park and playground.
- Hamilton Public School.
- Local restaurants for excursions
- The Greater Bank for our Banking Buddies program. (see short film)